Don’t have a copy of the book yet? Order it here!
Sign up to receive email updates to the Fans on Fire resources and strategies here!
Get your bonus template package here!
QR code generator: QRStuff.com
Generate a link for customers to review you on your Google My Business profile
- What review websites should you target for your industry? You can follow along with me in this video. While you are there, be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel to receive all of my video tips!
- Here is another video showing the initial set up and claiming of your Google My Business profile. Keep in mind this process may change as Google continues to make updates.
Great articles for more information about Online Review Marketing:
- An article from Phil Rozek showing top review websites and their importance for ranking.
- NEW! Google has also started adding “Reviews around the web”. So now reviews from other sources such as Yelp, Facebook and more will show up right in Google search. Here is a great article with more information.
- Local SEO Tactics: Get Your Business Found With These 4 Tips
- Review Promotion: 4 Ways to Showcase Your Online Reviews
- How ignoring online reputation can destroy your PPC campaign
- For more on Google Seller Ratings, check out this information, straight from Google! Trustpilot also has a great blog post on GSRs.
- Check out these tips on claiming and setting up your Yelp profile.
- How to set up a business Facebook page. Check out this help article for more about adding ratings and reviews to your Facebook business page.
- If you don’t have a Twitter account for your business, you can set one up here.
- Check out another great article about getting reviews the right way at Moz.com.
- In a recent BrightLocal Consumer Review Survey, 69% of consumer’s say an online review needs to have a date within 2-3 months in order to be considered relevant.
- Set up a free Google Alert for your company name. However, I’ve had mixed results from Google Alerts and still prefer to manually check for new online reviews. For more on setting up a Google Alert and fourteen other methods for monitoring your reviews, check out this article.
- Check out this great article on getting reviews! It also has good and bad examples of review landing webpages.
- Do you have multiple locations or branches for your business? If so, you will need to set up separate profiles for each location on most of the review websites. Here are some additional tips!
- Yelp even has a policy against asking for reviews! Here is an article with more tips on filtered reviews in Google and on Yelp. In one study of Yelp by the Harvard Business School, an increase of just one star for a restaurant led to a 5 to 9% increase in revenue.
- Dimensional Research survey findings – http://marketingland.com/survey-customers-more-frustrated-by-how-long-it-takes-to-resolve-a-customer-service-issue-than-the-resolution-38756
- Here is a free handout generator to get Google page reviews: https://www.whitespark.ca/review-handout-generator
- Hubspot is a great resource for all kinds of online marketing knowledge. Here is a great article from them on getting more reviews: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/31852/A-Marketer-s-Guide-to-Accumulating-Awesome-Online-Reviews.aspx and the 20 places Hubspot recommends being listed on: http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33741/12-Places-Businesses-Should-Be-Collecting-Online-Reviews.aspx
- Surveys can be a great way to get feedback and reviews for your company. Here are a couple links to some free options: https://www.surveymonkey.com/ & http://www.freeonlinesurveys.com/