Free Small Business Marketing. This article really should be called Free Small Business Marketing Tips Old School Style. Yes, I deliberately left out online and social media tools…which are many and will require a future post. The point is these classic or “old school” marketing techniques still can work even with todays heavy online marking focus.
So are you sales in a slump? Want to increase your revenue? The challenges that small businesses face are unique, especially when it comes to marketing and sales. Whether you are thinking about starting a business or have been in business for many years, try some of these simple, yet powerful techniques:
– Give. Donate your product, service or cash to a worthy cause that you feel passionate about and get your business positive recognition and publicity, plus you can make a huge difference!
– Contests. Hold a unique contest to win a gift certificate to your business. Advertise and issue press releases to the local media to create attention.
– Database. Offer your customers or potential customers to join a preferred member club for free. Email or mail out special member only offers to that list.
– Expand your markets. Offer to sell your product or service outside of your city either with a website, fusion marketing, independent sales representatives, etc.
– Network. Always have your business cards with you ready to hand out or put on a free bulletin board. Join a business association, Chamber of Commerce or other local business group.
– Teach. Teach a class or speak to local groups on a subject related to your business. Make it informative, not an advertisement.
– Write. Write an article or press release related to your business and submit it to local papers and media. Make it informative, not an advertisement.
– Consultations and Demonstrations. Offer potential customers a no-obligation, free consultation or demonstration of your product or service. Many will want to do business with you.
– Barter. Trade your product or service for advertising or join a barter club and use the credits to buy advertising.
– Sample. Giveaway free samples of your product or a smaller version of your service to potential customers. Make it a free, no-obligation offer, however, if they like your product, many of them will buy from you.
For a free quick start guide to leveraging the power of legitimate online reviews and 12 free email, letter and web page templates, download it here.
Subscribe below to get notified when I post a new article!